Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Reykjavik Commercial Flight Availability on May 14 and 16. U.S. Embassy Reykjavik (May 11, 2020)
Event: International commercial flight options currently exist in Iceland. U.S. citizens who wish to return to the United States should make commercial arrangements as soon as possible unless they are prepared to remain abroad for an indefinite period. The U.S. government does not anticipate arranging repatriation flights in Iceland at this time.
The only Icelandair flights to the U.S. are to Boston on May 14 and 16 (with the Boston to Reykjavik return flight later the same days). The airline will reassess flight needs regularly. Please do not wait. Contact the airline for more information. https://www.icelandair.com/support/covid-19/safe-travels/
U.S. citizens with travel plans to Iceland in May must postpone their visits. Iceland is participating in the EU travel ban along with other Schengen states, and travelers from outside the Schengen area are no longer granted access into the country.
All travelers entering Iceland, including Icelandic citizens and residents, must self-quarantine for 14 days.
As of March 23, the consular section at the U.S. Embassy in Reykjavik has suspended all routine visa and passport appointments. Email ReykjavikConsular@state.gov to request an emergency appointment.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- Have a plan to depart from Iceland that does not rely on U.S. government assistance.
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP)
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19 please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Iceland.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States
- U.S. Embassy Reykjavik, Iceland, +354-595-2200, +354-595-2248 (after hours)